but it is not actually here to talk about it but to give the settings ICS (internet connection sharing) usb modem in ubuntu manually with some other computer, 2 or more PC.
After the USB modem has been connected to a computer and the driver was install here are some steps for internet connection sharing in ubuntu manually:
1. Open a terminal sign as root and type the command:
gedit /etc/network/interfacesFill with the following text below, In my computer my ethernet is 1 so i setting that to eth1 not eth0
iface eth1 inet static
2. Restart your network type in terminal with command below:
3. Check your network type in terminal with command below:
4. Edit command sysctl.conf for forward ppp0 to eth0 or 1 type on the terminal with the command below:
gedit /etc/sysctl.confremove the sign # in front of #net.ipv4.ip.forward=1
so the result is; net.ipv4.ip.forward=1
and then save.
5. Activate that setting above with type command below :
sysctl -pAnd the result like this "net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1" without the quotation marks
6. The Next to check IP forward was aktive Type command below :
cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forwardIf the result is 1 that mean was aktive.
7. Then to make Masquerade add the following settings :
gedit /etc/rc.localAdd this text below :
sudo iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.0.0/24 -o ppp0 -j MASQUERADE
8. For run Masquerade above type command below :
9. For check Masquerade type command below :
iptables -L -t natDone.
10. The next setting your client pc if the ip address server is 192.168.0.1 then set ip address client to 192.168.0.2 and next.
Netmask : 255.255.255.0
Gateway : 192.168.0.1
DNS fill with your curent isp.
good luck..! :)
Description: Setting usb modem Internet connection sharing in ubuntu Rating: 4.5 Reviewer: Zein Okeh - ItemReviewed: Setting usb modem Internet connection sharing in ubuntu